The new Dotdigital features unified contacts and an enhanced user interface to simplify and streamline your experience.
Watch the video
Join our Product Manager, Fred, as he discusses the advantages of taking part in the new Dotdigital Public preview.
Why we unified contacts
The previous system of separate contacts for different channels, such as email and SMS, could be time-consuming and confusing, leading to difficulties in managing customer interactions and maintaining accurate, up-to-date information.
By unifying contacts, contacts are no longer stored under the individual channels you use but instead stored as multi-use contacts that can have one or multiple channels. This new approach to contacts allows for a full 360-degree view of how customers engage with each channel, giving valuable insights into the best ways to reach your audience.
Benefits of unifying contacts
- Improved multi-channel customer engagement.
- Increased efficiency in managing contacts through a centralised location.
- Better data accuracy through the elimination of duplicates.
The new Dotdigital has several advantages. It unifies all contacts from different channels in one place, allowing you to have a comprehensive overview of all customer interactions, and enhancing customer engagement. Additionally, managing contacts becomes more convenient due to the centralised location, ensuring that contact details are consistent and up-to-date across all channels.
Using Email and SMS together already?
If you're already sending SMS & Email with Dotdigital, you must merge your data to make the most out of unified contacts. To find out how to safely and effectively merge your data, contact our support team.
Enhanced User Interface
We've made some changes to the user interface, including a new left-hand navigation bar that replaces all top navigation bars.
Our revised information architecture now features new sections: Home, Campaigns, Audience, Content, and Connect.
We've also consolidated the Profile and Settings into a single area and upgraded the Settings section with a refreshed navigation style.
Before you start
Eventually, all accounts will be upgraded to the new Dotdigital with unified contacts, but if you want to be a part of the Public Preview, here are some things you need to know:
- If you choose to switch to the new Dotdigital with unified Contacts, you cannot switch back to the old contact management system. It is important to fully understand this before making a decision. If you need help or advice, contact your Customer Success Representative.
- The new Dotdigital, features a fresh look and streamlined interface! If you prefer, you can disable this update and stick with the classic appearance.
Upgrade to the new Dotdigital with unified contacts
Upon upgrading to the new Dotdigital featuring unified contacts, be aware that it's a one-way upgrade path, and downgrading to the previous contact management system is not possible.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- You must be the account owner or have account admin permissions.
To upgrade to the new Dotdigital with unified contacts
- In your Dotdigital account, go to Settings > Account, then select the Account settings tab.
- Under the heading Features, select the Enable Unified Contacts check box.
- Select SAVE SETTINGS.