Learn about automation, what it is, and how to use it.
Automation is a powerful tool to set up scheduled actions for the future. Best used for your repetitive tasks, automation saves time and lets you focus on other things.
You can set up three types of automation on your account:
Create and build programs through a graphical interface, called the program builder, that lets you automate your workflow without writing a single line of code.
To learn more, check out Getting started with the program builder.
- Triggered campaign content
Create email campaigns that can be used for automation through a graphical interface (called EasyEditor).
To learn more, check out Create a triggered campaign.
- Default autoresponder
Choose a triggered email campaign that automatically sends to recipients who reply to any of your email campaigns.
To learn more, check out Trigger an automatic response to campaign replies.
What can I automate?
We offer built-in automation options as well as program channel extensions, which let you communicate with your contacts through different platforms and different channels.
Here are just some examples of what you can automate with the program builder:
Actions on our platform
- Welcome your contacts by sending them a campaign if they join an address book
- Keep track of what engages your contacts by updating contact data fields if a contact clicks a particular link in a campaign
- Make your contacts feel valued by sending them a personalised response if they reply to one of your campaigns
Communication through different platforms and different channels
- Engage your contacts by sending them an SMS message if they sign up to an address book
- Re-target your contacts by adding them to your Facebook audience
- If you use our Shopify Plus connector, create customers and subscribers