Scheduled maintenance and upgrade for dotMailer on 4th December 2013 includes the following upgrades and changes:
SSL support for Yahoo Mail
With Yahoo Mail finally set to use default SSL encryption for its webmail interface as of January 8th, we've changed our code in order to support this. It now behaves as it already does for Gmail and Hotmail. Contacts with a Yahoo email address will be served images over SSL, ensuring they continue to work as we head into the New Year.
More refinements to social sharing and social links in EasyEditor (but you'll need to switch it on)!
We've made some significant refinements to the social sharing and upcoming social links features in EasyEditor. At this stage they're still experimental, so you'll need to switch them on via 'My Account' by ticking 'Enable drag and drop social links (experimental)' under the 'Features' section.
We've enhanced the overall look and usability, which includes improving the social links dialogue window to help make linking to social profiles that little bit easier.
We've also upgraded and tweaked several other features:
- Page headings throughout the application have been tidied up to match those in the surveys and forms tool
- We've designed and implemented new, friendlier 404 and 500 page designs, making them consistent across the whole of the application
- We’ve significantly optimised performance when updating or generating extremely large segments
- API v2 WADL now gives definitions for multipart/form-data operations
- We’ve fixed a bug to correct the rendering of the campaign comparison report in IE9 and IE10
- We’ve enhanced the performance of the bill run process
- We’ve optimised the performance of contact exporting
- A bug has been fixed in the social sharing toolbar which was causing icon text to reappear to the right upon changing other options, after having already selected ‘icons only’ previously
- Cancelled campaigns now display ‘Cancelled’ in the ‘Date sent’ field of the main reporting page
- We’ve fixed a bug to ensure dynamic content is correctly cloned when loading in from a template
- We’ve updated the country dropdowns in dotMailer to contain all countries
- We’ve ensured a more meaningful error message appears when attempting to unsubscribe an invalid email address via the API
- We’ve optimised test send validation notifications
- The performance of shared suppression synchronisation across large suppression groups has been optimised
- We’ve optimised address book reporting queries which use filters
- All dependencies are now appropriately deleted when deleting a segment or address book
- Created contact data fields that are used in active reporting segmentation queries can now be deleted
- We’ve fixed a bug that was preventing the resetting of a contact data field's default value if was a date or a number