Whilst you can spend a lot of time making sure the right people get the right emails, it can also be just as important to make sure the wrong people don't get emails too.
This article looks to set you in the right direction and help you find what you need when it comes to suppressing contacts.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- When you suppress a contact, they can no longer subscribe themselves back up to your campaigns.
If you'd like to give the contact the option to subscribe themselves again, you can unsubscribe them instead. To learn more, check out Unsubscribe a contact.
- Suppressed contacts do not count towards your contact allowance.
Ways to suppress contacts using the system
Our flexible suppression system allows you to have tight control over who does - and who doesn't - receive emails from your account.
The system can be used to:
- Suppress a specific contact or list of contacts (they can be suppressed across all of your address books, or suppressed for a specific address book only)
- Suppress all contacts from a certain domain
- Automatically suppress a contact if their email system bounces your emails
- Suppress contacts on our Global Suppression List (GSL)
You can make use of suppressions to temporarily, or permanently, stop contacts from receiving your emails.
Good to knowYou can also use our segments tool to exclude contacts from specific campaign sends.