You can, if required, delete all contacts from every address book in your account.
This could be useful if you're looking to start from scratch with your data.
- After performing this action, you'll have 30 days to recover (undelete) your contacts from the recycle bin, after which time their data will be permanently removed. However, undeleting contacts won't put them back in the address books they were in previously.
- You can delete all contacts only if you are an account owner or if you are a user with the Can manage account permission.
Deleting all contacts from your account
To delete selected address books and all contained contacts from your account:
- Select Contacts from the navigation bar to display your address books
- Open the More actions drop-down menu and select Delete all contacts from your account from the bottom of the list (however, this option will be disabled should you have any address books currently selected).
- A confirmation screen will display saying:
'You're about to delete all contacts from your account
All your contacts will be removed from the address books they're in and moved to the recycle bin for 30 days. After 30 days, their data will be permanently removed. Undeleting contacts will not put them back in the address books they were in.'
You'll be required to enter your account's password and tick the confirmation box.
When ready, select Delete all contacts.
All contacts will be deleted from every address book, including the 'All contacts' and 'Test' address books.