|Make sure you've uploaded your contacts|
|Select contacts to send to|
|Choose when to send|
|Review and send|
Once you're satisfied with your test sends, you'll be in a position to send your campaign to your recipients.
Let's cover how to do this.
Firstly, make sure you've uploaded your address book(s) through the Contacts option.
If you're already in your campaign, then you can click on the following link in the fourth step (Contacts) of the campaign creation process - 'Create address books in the Contacts section'.
Alternatively, select Contacts from along the navigation bar to upload address books.
You'll want to select which contacts to send your campaign to. You can do this in the 'Select contacts and schedule campaign' screen, which can be accessed in the following ways:
- If you've closed your campaign, select Campaigns from the navigation bar and then click on the Send envelop icon against the campaign you want to send.
- If you're within the campaign creation step process (this is the case if the steps are displayed in the top right corner of your screen), click on the fourth step - Contacts.
- Alternatively, you'll naturally arrive at this screen if you keep continuing through the campaign creation steps after creating your campaign content.
Want to send to all contacts?
You'll need to create a segment that contains all of your contacts. To do so:
- Go to Contacts > Segments and click on New segment
- Name the segment, select its location, and click Continue
- Drag and drop the 'Data fields' segment (found in the 'Data' section) into the 'Include contacts that match any of the rules in this group' area
- Click [click to select a datafield]
- Scroll through the contact data field list and select 'Email', followed by selecting the rule 'is not empty', and then click OK
- Click Save (which will generate a count for the segment)
This segment will then be available for selection to send to.
Next, you need to specify when you want to send the campaign. Leave the default selection set as Immediately if you want the campaign to go right away, or set a date and time for it to be sent in the future by selecting the Scheduled option.
If you have send throttling enabled on your account, the option to do this will be in the scheduling section too.
The final option in this section is Optimised, which will apply send time optimisation to your campaign. This will start sending your campaign immediately, but will optimise the time of individual sends to maximise open rates based on your contacts' historical opening behaviour. Campaigns optimise over a period of 24 hours from when you send, and remain in the outbox until complete.
Send time optimisation isn't available for split test or scheduled campaigns.
You also have the option to ReMail the campaign.
Finally, at the foot of the page, you're given the chance to add an auto responder.
When ready and happy with everything, click on the Save & continue button.
The campaign details are then displayed for you to check and review before sending.
When ready, click on the Send campaign immediately button. A final warning confirmation is displayed.
Clicking on the Confirm button will send the campaign.
The campaign is moved to the outbox while processing occurs, and this is shown by the indicator displayed under the outbox's 'Status' column.
Once the send's completed, the campaign will appear under the 'Sent' tab.