The survey editor is where you build, style and configure your survey.
After creating a new survey and naming it, you're taken straight through to the editor.
For existing surveys listed under 'My surveys', you access the editor by clicking Edit.
The top toolbars of the drag and drop editor display familiar features.
Each of the elements listed in the left-hand side panel of the editor can be dragged and dropped into any section to build your survey.
Select and drag the element you wish to use into the desired container within your survey.
Each container will be highlighted and the text 'Drop your item here' will appear when you drag your element over an area you can place it in.
Once dropped, the element will be inserted below this line.
Click on [ Type xxx here ] to enter text, or click on [ Select an image ] if it's an image element to open the image manager.
When you're editing a particular element of your survey, it will be highlighted. The top right corner will display a mini-toolbar allowing you to drag, duplicate, or delete the element.
At the foot of the survey, you have the ability to add pages.
Click on + to add a new page, double-click to rename or renumber a page, and click on the cross to the right to delete a page.
You can also click, drag and then release pages to change their position in the page order.
A maximum of 30 pages can be added to a survey.
You can make use of the following keyboard shortcuts:
- Ctrl + Insert to add a new page
- Ctrl + , (comma) to move a page to the left
- Ctrl + . (full stop) to move a page to the right
Use the clipboard tools (available in the toolbar) to copy and paste elements, including copying and pasting from one page to another. To do this, make sure you've selected the element you'd like to copy, click the copy icon, go to the other page, click where you'd like to place it and then click Paste to add it.
This is really useful if want to reuse a designed element without having to completely build it again from scratch.
Next, you'll want to configure the elements within your survey. Check out the following articles:
- Designing your survey - configuring text box, dropdown, multiple choice and checkbox elements
- Designing your survey - configuring a Likert scale element
- Designing your survey - configuring an email address element
- Designing your survey - configuring a date and time element
- Using hidden fields to include values from the query string
- Designing your survey - configuring a consent element
- Designing your survey - configuring layout elements
- Designing your survey - configuring the 'Submit', 'Save' and paging buttons