You can add questions to your survey that can accept date and/or time answers.
Configuring a date and time element
- Select the Date & time element from the left-hand side panel and drag it in
- Click on [ Type question here ] to then enter your question's text
This element is already prepared to accept a date and/or time, therefore date and/or time validation is automatically configured (in case someone adds an invalid date, such as 30 Feb). You have the choice to write your own validation error message though, if you wish.
You can also:
- assign this element to a contact data field
- configure it as a required answer
- set the display to Date & time, Just date or Just time.
When displayed to respondents, they'll be shown the input boxes for the date and/or time as required.
The order of the boxes will conform to the date format of the respondent's browser language. For example, if the respondent's setting is 'English (United States)' then they'll see the month input box first, and if it's 'English' then they'll get the day input box first.
Exporting and synchronisation
Dates and times are stored in a standard format, which means they'll automatically get converted to your default date/time format when opening an export in Excel.
Where a date and time question has been assigned to a contact data field, it will get stored correctly as a datetime value type.