We're retiring Surveys & forms
On 5 July 2021, Surveys & forms will be retired. You can continue to create surveys, forms, and even landing pages with our newer, easier-to-use and more flexible Pages and forms tool.
No need to panic - your existing surveys and forms will continue to work even after this date. Now is a great time to start building using the Pages and forms tool.Learn more about the Surveys & forms retirement
Survey responses can be handled in two ways: you can proactively assign them to your contacts when building a survey (this is explained in detail in Assigning questions to your contact data fields), or you can export them to a CSV or address book from the 'Survey report' page once your survey is finished. This article guides you through the latter option.
To export your survey responses:
- Go to Surveys & forms.
- Find the survey or form you want to export responses for, and select the Reports icon.
- On the Report page, select Export to CSV.
- On the Export to CSV popover, expand the drop-down menu and choose what you want to export in the report.
- Only complete responses
- Complete and partial responses
- Only partial responses
- Select Export. This takes you to the Export page.
- After the export finishes, select Download to download the CSV to your local computer.
To learn more, check out the Survey reporting guide.
If your survey contains at least one email address element, you can add the email addresses you've collected to an address book. When viewing a report, you can click on Add to address book.
You can pick one of your existing address books, or create a new one. If your survey contained more than one email address element, you can pick the ones you want to add to your address book.
If your survey responses weren't assigned to contact data fields, or if your survey didn't include an email address element, you can still add your responses to an address book. Follow these steps:
- Export your responses to CSV, as described above.
- Switch to Email in the side navigation bar and import the CSV into a new or existing address book. This is explained in more detail over at Importing contacts into an address book.