All changes that are made are undertaken through the standard customisations ability of Dynamics CRM. Several new entities are created and some existing entities extended within your Dynamics CRM instance. There are also new security roles created to support access to the new functionality.
For Dynamics CRM 2011 and higher versions, the connector is provided as a 'Managed' solution.
The new roles created are:
- Email Campaign Connector Service (system use only)
- Email Marketing Manager
- Email Marketing Professional
- Email Marketing Viewer
A detailed list of customisations is available separately.
Extended CRM Entities
- Marketing List (list) - The existing Marketing List entity is extended to support synchronisation with the Engagement Cloud platform.
New CRM Entities
- Crm Field (esc_crmfield) - Holds CRM metadata used by the Email Service Connector
- Email Account (esc_emailaccount) - Holds information for each email service account being used by the Email Service Connector
- Email Campaign (esc_emailcampaign) - Holds information about the email campaign, including aggregate statistics
- Email Campaign Connector Configuration (esc_emailcampaignconfiguration) - Holds configuration information for use by the Email Service Connector
- Email Click (esc_emailcampaigncontactclick) - Holds information about each click a recipient has made, including what, when and where
- Email Send Summary (esc_emailcampaigncontactsummary) - Holds detailed information about the send made to each recipient, including individual send statistics for the Account, Contact or Lead.
- Email Data Label (esc_emailcampaigncustomfields) - Holds the data labels that are used to pass recipient specific information between CRM and Engagement Cloud. For example, First Name, Last Name, Gender or any other related CRM attribute.
- Email Data Mapping (esc_emaildatamapping) - Holds the attribute mappings between CRM Fields and Email Data Labels for each entity type; Account, Contact and Lead.
- Email Preference (esc_emailpreference)
- Email ROI Detail (esc_emailroidetail)
- Email Send (esc_emailsend)
- Email Single Send (esc_emailsinglesend)
- Email Subscription Group (esc_emailsubscriptiongroup)
- Email Subscription Group Item (esc_emailsubscriptiongroupitem)
- Email Suppression (esc_emailsupression) - This entity contains the email suppression list used by the Connector and Engagement Cloud when synchronising.
- Form (esc_form)
- Form Answer (esc_formanswer)
- Form Question (esc_formquestion)
- Form Question Option (esc_formquestionoption)
- Form Response (esc_response)
- Email List Unsubscriber (esc_listunsubscriber) - Holds details of Accounts, Contacts and Leads that have unsubscribed from a Marketing List / Address Book.
- Email Message Queue (esc_messagequeue) - This entity is for future use.
- Social Bookmark (esc_socialbookmark)
- Email Account (esc_emailaccount) - This entity holds the details for each Engagement Cloud account, including synchronisation settings.