The 'Forms' tab displays a list of existing forms that are available to make use of in Salesforce.
Forms can be synchronised and the data can be viewed, the type of data that's synchronised can be edited, whilst synchronised data can be deleted.
This article explains how to make full use of the 'Forms' tab.
The Synchronise button can be used to request the synchronisation of forms. This will retrieve new forms that aren't visible in Salesforce yet and it will update those that are active.
The Edit option for a form is used to determine what data is synchronised into Salesforce.
|Synchronise Form||This allows the selected form to be synchronised, with its questions and options getting updated. This option needs to be selected before the responses will synchronise.|
|Synchronise Responses||This allows the associated complete or partial responses to be brought into Salesforce. The data may be significant.|
Click Save or Cancel to return to the 'Form Detail' page.
The 'Advanced' option can be used to delete response data for a form.
Ticking the 'Clear Form Responses' option and then clicking Clear Form Data will start the deletion process.
Doing this will also disable any scheduled synchronisation for the selected related items - form questions and form responses.
The data will of course always remain in Engagement Cloud, and it can be re-introduced to Salesforce by changing the data options by clicking on Edit.
The data may need to be removed from the Salesforce Recycle Bin before the Salesforce storage is reduced.
Selecting a form from the list will display its current details.
This page includes:
- The form's name, its state (whether it's inactive or active), and its created and last modified dates and times
- 'Email Account' indicates the Engagement Cloud account in which the form was created
- 'Address Book Linked', when ticked, shows that the form has been associated with an email address book and it will collect email addresses from the responded-to form
- 'Ongoing', when ticked, shows that the form has started being active and is yet to finish
- Any scheduled start and end dates and times for the form will be populated for 'Scheduled Start' and 'Scheduled End'.
Form Data Option
- Displays the enabled options for the form's data synchronisation, as can be set by clicking Edit
- Includes the date and time of the last activity on the form and when it was last synchronised
- The form's URL and ID
- The form's created and last modified dates and times
- The form's first and last response dates and times
- The maximum and minimum response times given in seconds
- 'Complete Responses' is the number of complete responses for the form; it has been started and finished and submitted
- 'Incomplete Responses' is the number of incomplete responses for the form; the respondent has clicked either ‘Next’/’Back’ or ‘Save’ without submitting the survey
- 'Bounces' represents the number of bounces for the form; the survey has been clicked on and possibly not even started, as the respondent hasn’t clicked on ‘Next’/’Back’ or ‘Save’ at any point
- 'Total Views' is the total number of times the form has been viewed
- 'Direct Total' is the total number of responses gained by direct URL access
- 'Email Total' is the total number of responses gained from emailing out of the form
- 'Embedded Resource Total' is the total number of responses gained via the embedded link
- 'Facebook Total' is the total number of responses gained from a Facebook share
- 'Twitter Total' is the total number of responses gained from a Twitter share
- 'Pop-over Total' is the total number of responses gained from a pop-over
- 'Other Total' is the total number of responses from other sources not listed above
- 'Question Text' is the question text that's used in the form
- 'Type' shows the type of answer that can be given to the question (e.g. text box, dropdown, multiple choice, etc.)
- 'Required', when ticked, indicates that the question's a mandatory field in the form
- 'Assign To Data Field', when ticked, indicates indicate that the question's answer is assigned to a contact data field in Engagement Cloud
- 'Email Address' will show the email address of the response (if the form is configured appropriately in Engagement Cloud)
- 'Date Completed' is the date that the response was completed and submitted
- 'Is Complete', when ticked, indicates that all of the forms' questions have been responded to
- If the email address for the response is matched to a Salesforce contact or lead, then the relevant name is shown under 'Contact' or 'Lead' as a link. Clicking the link goes through to that contact or lead's full record and detail in either the 'Contact' or 'Lead' areas.
All times and dates are displayed as local values unless otherwise indicated.
Form Question Detail
You can click on the question text under 'Form Questions' which will display the details of the question, as shown in the example below.
You can then drill down on specific answers to the question, as well as the answer options (if applicable).
Form Response Detail
You can also click on the email address under 'Form Responses' which will display the details of the response, as shown in the example below.