|» Contact detail|
|» Opt-in type field sync|
|» Add to Automation Program|
|» Engagement Timeline|
As the 'Contacts' and 'Leads' tabs are very similar, this article outlines making use of the 'Contacts' tab only. You can largely apply the same guidance to the 'Leads' tab.
You can largely apply the same guidance to the 'Leads' tab.
Please noteAs the 'Leads' and 'Contacts' tabs have separate fields in Salesforce, the field mappings used to populate contact data fields in linked Engagement Cloud address books are also mapped separately (see the Field mapping section of 'Engagement Cloud for Salesforce - 'Configuration' tab').
The standard 'Contacts' tab is unaltered. with a contact's page usually having additional layouts added to display data relating to email campaigns that the contact has been associated with.
A contact's page will have additional layouts added to it, to display data relating to email campaigns that the contact has been associated with.
If the standard 'Email Opt Out' field is required (this prevents Salesforce from emailing individual contacts), then it will need to be enabled by a system administrator (see 'Why is Salesforce's 'Email Opt Out' field not being populated?' in Engagement Cloud for Salesforce - Frequently asked questions).
The contact detail that's given is as follows:
- Email Campaigns - Displays the number of times the contact has opened and viewed campaign content
- Email Clicks - Displays data related to when the content was opened and clicked
- Email ROI - Displays purchase data for a contact who has bought from your website after getting there via a link in an email.
- Email Page Views - Tracks which pages your contacts go to after clicking a link in your email. Web Behaviour Tracking data is also displayed in this section.
- Email Social Bookmarks - Displays details on contacts who shared the email, and also on which networks it was viewed on.
- Suppressions - Displays which email account the suppression originated from, the reason for suppression and the date of suppression.
- Form Responses - If surveys and forms are being synchronised, the responses are available here.
You can also set up Opt-in type field syncing, and two additional buttons may also be available - Add to Automation Program and Engagement Timeline.
To be able to sync opt-in type for your contacts, leads and person accounts, you'll need Engagement Cloud for Salesforce v2.41 or above.
Select 'Fields' and add 'Opt-in type' by dragging and dropping it into the 'Contact Detail'/'Lead Detail' area.
By default, the sync setting will be manual only. You'll need to turn it on for automatic syncs (daily, weekly, etc.) for each account.
Opt-in types are attributed back to any contacts or leads matching the same contact email address. After the first sync is complete, you'll see the field populate for opt-in type for them.
If you decide to sync opt-in type for more than one account, leads' and contacts' opt-in types might get overwritten by the most recently synced account's value. However, please note that values will only be updated by a higher opt-in type following this hierarchy:
Therefore, if your contact is 'VerifiedDouble' in one of your accounts and 'Unknown' in a second account, your contact will remain 'VerifiedDouble' even after the sync of the second account finishes.
You can select which connected Engagement Cloud account to choose a program or programs from.
All mapped data will be available for use in the program. If the contact has yet to be synchronised, they'll be added to your Engagement Cloud 'All Contacts' address book.
Only active programs can be selected.
The top of the left-hand summary panel displays the contact's name, email address and overall engagement statistics.
The lower part of the summary panel gives details of the last and first instance of different types of interactions.
The main timeline panel will display the selected behavioural data. You can also choose to view more specific details of each engagement by clicking on view details.