The Automation Studio is access to your Dotdigital account and the Dotdigital application in its entirety from within the connector (by clicking on Marketing Automation along the top navigation bar).
By providing OAuth/single sign-on credentials, you can link your Magento account with your Dotdigital account, meaning there's no need to log into Dotdigital or keep switching between windows to create campaigns, automation programs, manage contacts or use any other of its functionality.
Once linked and accessed, you just click on Fullscreen positioned along the far right of the Dotdigital navigation bar to open Dotdigital in full-screen mode in a new browser window.
How to set up access to Automation Studio
In order to set up access to Automation Studio, you will need OAuth credentials. These are obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, who will provide you with a client ID and a client secret key.
There are also a couple of other requirements:
- The email address associated to your Magento user must be a user of the Dotdigital account you are trying to link to
- Your website must have an SSL certificate
Provided you have your OAuth credentials and the above requirements are in place, you're ready to set up your connection.
OAuth credentials are managed by going to System > Configuration > DOTMAILER > Developer and then clicking on OAUTH Credentials.
The following section will display:
You are required to fill this in as follows:
- 'Client ID' and 'Client Secret Key' - Enter these as provided to you.
- 'Connection' - Only click Connect once the above details are entered and you have clicked Save Config.
- 'Custom OAUTH domain' - If your Dotdigital account is running on a custom domain instead of the default Dotdigital one, you need to specify it here.
- 'Custom Authorization URI' - If your admin site is running on a different domain to your website, you need to specify your website's homepage domain here.
Upon success, you should get redirected back to this page and the 'Connect' button should be displaying 'Disconnect' instead.
I receive an error when trying to connect to Dotdigital. Why am I unable to connect?
There could be a few reasons causing this, so double-check the following:
1. Ensure the email address of your Magento user is the same email address of a user of the Dotdigital account that you're connecting to.
2. Visit https://[yourdomain.com]/connector/email/callback and ensure SSL is working.
3. Log into your Dotdigital account and ensure the domain of your account is https://r[x]-app.dotdigital.com/. If it's not, you need to specify the domain you do see in the 'Custom OAUTH domain' field.
4. Ensure that your website's homepage is on the same domain as the one you're accessing the admin site from. If it's not, you need to specify this different domain in the 'Custom Authorization URI' field.
Please comment underneath with any further questions you may have.
Setting up Automation Studio access is the same as outlined above, but the 'OAUTH Credentials' area is found by going to Stores > Configuration > Dotdigital > Developer.
Once successfully connected, you can access Dotdigital via Marketing > Automation Studio.