The Dotdigital for Magento connector provides the facility to map and synchronise customer quotes (abandoned carts/baskets) against contacts in Dotdigital. This feature requires OrderInsight to be enabled on your Dotdigital account. Speak with your account manager if you don't have this.
Quotes are synced and batched once they are created but also updated within Dotdigital when any modifications are made to the quote after their creation.
In addition to the default data that we sync across (as explained below), we also offer a range of configurable options to allow you to customise the data and the format of the data which is sent to Dotdigital. You can find out more about these options in 'Insight data - Settings'.
Enabling quote data syncing
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to System > Configuration > DOTDIGITAL > Sync Settings.
- Enable the Quote Sync under the 'Sync' section.
- Click Save Config in the top right. Magento will then confirm that the settings have been saved and the synchronisation will begin.
List of synced quote data
The quote data that is synced includes:
- id - The Magento database ID for the quote
- email - The email address of the contact who the quote is associated with
- store_name - The Magento store name the quote was created on
- created_date - The date and time the quote was created at
- quote_subtotal - The quote subtotal
- discount_amount - The total amount discounted on the quote
This should be a positive amount.
- quote_total - The total amount the quote is currently worth
- payment - The payment method currently associated with the quote
- delivery_method - The delivery method selected
- delivery_total - The amount currently due for delivery
- currency - The currency the order was placed in
- order_status - The current status of the order
- couponcode - The coupon code currently applied
Details for the billing and shipping address associated with the quote are also synced.
Furthermore, the following information is synced for every product within the quote:
- name - The name of the product
- sku - The SKU of the product
- qty - The quantity of this product in the cart
- price - The current price
- attribute-set - The attribute set from Magento assigned to the product
- categories - The categories associated with the product
I have enabled the quote sync but nothing is displaying in Dotdigital. How come?
This could be for the following reasons:
- You do not have valid API credentials or saved details
- OrderInsight is not enabled on your account
- Cron is not running on your site
- The importer is currently processing other imports and hasn't got to the quote import yet
I have quote data in Dotdigital but some of the values for quotes are empty. Why would that be the case?
This could either be that the data doesn't exist for that quote (e.g. the delivery amount wasn't selected), or the source data in Magento no longer exists (e.g. you had old payment methods in Magento that no longer exist).
This could either be that the data doesn't exist for that order (e.g. the delivery amount wasn't paid), or the source data in Magento no longer exists (e.g. you had old payment methods in Magento that no longer exist).
Why is the quote data marked as imported in Magento but not showing in Dotdigital?
Insight data can take several minutes to import and show in Dotdigital, even after a sync is complete. You might want to ensure you don't already have quote data imported with matching IDs, perhaps coming from a staging site, as this key must be unique.
Please comment underneath with any further questions you may have.
The quote sync found in the Magento 1 connector has not been migrated to Magento 2. As it stands we have no plans to undertake this migration due to functionality usage in Magento 1 does not currently warrant the work.