A trigger is an event that starts a Zap. Triggers are followed by actions. The Engagement Cloud app for Zapier has one trigger, which is a new survey response.
Triggers can be followed by actions in any Zapier app. For example, Zapier has the following pre-built Zaps that you can use:
- Share Engagement Cloud survey responses in Slack
- Send FireText SMS messages when new survey responses are received in Engagement Cloud
- Add new Zoho CRM contacts from new Engagement Cloud survey responses
Triggering an action after a new survey response
Please note: You need the surveys and forms tool to be able to use this trigger.
This trigger is fired every time you receive a new response to a selected survey or form.
- In Zapier, click Make a Zap
- Select the survey or form that you want to monitor for new responses
- Click Continue
- Pick a sample response to use to test your Zap later. Be careful not to use a real contact's email address in case you create an action that sends an email.
You can either create a filter to set a specific condition (e.g., when an "email address" field contains "gmail.com") for responses to continue to the action, or you can create an action without a filter.