Web Behavior Tracking is a powerful advanced module that provides greater insight into how customers and prospects interact with your website, meaning you can deliver even more relevant and effective content.
Web Behavior Tracking captures the following data:
- Pages viewed by a contact (page title, URL, and date and time of view)
- Duration of view
- Total number of pages viewed in a single visit by a contact
- Website visited (because you may be tracking more than one website)
- Browser used by the contact
- IP address of the contact
- Google Analytics tracking information
It's also possible to send custom data to your account by editing the tracking code.
Using Web Behaviour Tracking
Advanced personalisation allows you to directly use Web Behavior Tracking data in your email campaigns or in your landing pages - should you want to include the name of a page a contact's visited, for instance.
You can also use the data to segment your contacts and send them communications that are both personalised and targeted. Examples include:
- Encourage contacts to complete a purchase
- Encourage contacts to complete abandoned forms
- Encourage contacts to complete a download, or offer related downloads
- Send a follow-up campaign to contacts who visit a page from an external advert, such as on Facebook
Benefits of Web Behavior Tracking
Web Behavior Tracking offers these benefits:
- Enhances your data
- Enriches your contact knowledge
- Increases engagement with your contacts
- Improves your relationship with your customer base
- Extends the reach of your service
- Potentially speeds up your sales process
- Ultimately drives up your ROI
To add Web Behavior Tracking to your account, contact your dedicated account manager (if you know who it is), or fill out this request form, making sure that you specify 'Account Management' as the query type.