The Automation Studio is access to your Engagement Cloud account and the Engagement Cloud application in its entirety from within the connector (by going to Marketing > Automation Studio).
By providing OAuth (single-sign-on) credentials, you can link your Magento account with your Engagement Cloud account, meaning there's no need to log into Engagement Cloud or keep switching between windows to create campaigns, automation programs, manage contacts or use any other of its functionality.
Once linked and accessed, you just click Full screen along the far right of the Engagement Cloud navigation bar to open Engagement Cloud in full screen mode in a new browser window.
Setting up access to Automation Studio
In order to set up access to Automation Studio, you will need OAuth credentials. These are obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, who will provide you with a client ID and a client secret key.
There are also the following requirements:
- The email address associated to your Magento user must be a user of the Engagement Cloud account you are trying to link to
- Your website must have an SSL certificate
Provided you have your OAuth credentials and the above requirements are in place, you're ready to set up your connection.
OAuth credentials are managed by going to STORES > Configuration > ENGAGEMENT CLOUD > Developer and then scrolling down to ‘OAUTH Credentials’.
You are required to fill this section in as follows:
- 'Client ID' and 'Client Secret Key' - Enter these as provided to you.
- 'Connection' - Click Connect only after the above details are entered and you have clicked Save Config.
- 'Custom OAUTH domain' - If your Engagement Cloud account is running on a custom domain instead of the default Engagement Cloud one, you need to specify it here.
- 'Custom Authorization URI' - If your admin site is running on a different domain to your website, you need to specify your website's homepage domain here.
Upon success, you should be redirected back to this page and the 'Connect' button should be displaying 'Disconnect' instead.
I receive an error when trying to connect to Engagement Cloud. Why am I unable to connect?
There could be a few reasons causing this, so double-check the following:
- Ensure the email address of your Magento user is the same email address of a user of the Engagement Cloud account that you're connecting to
- Visit https://[yourdomain.com]/connector/email/callback and ensure SSL is working.
- Log into your Engagement Cloud account and ensure the domain of your account is https://r[x]-app.dotdigital.com/. If it's not, you need to specify the domain you do see in the 'Custom OAUTH domain' field.
- Ensure that your website's homepage is on the same domain as the one you're accessing the admin site from. If it's not, you need to specify this different domain in the 'Custom Authorization URI' field.