Need to send an SMS campaign today? Maybe tomorrow, next week, month, or year? This article is designed to get you sending SMS campaigns - in your own time.
Sending an SMS campaign
You have worked hard to create an SMS campaign, now it's time to send it out to the world! To send an SMS campaign, follow these steps:
- Click on the Save & continue button on the top right-hand side of the page
- Select Select all to send to all of your SMS contacts, or check the specific address book that you wish to send to
The 'Send campaign' page will display.
- Choose whether to send the SMS campaign immediately or schedule it using the date and time picker
- Click Continue
- You're taken to the Send page, where the total amount of contacts that you're about to send to will be confirmed. Here you’ll also see:
- the ‘From name’ that will appear for those who receive the campaign
- your number of available sending credits (which needs to exceed how many credits this send will use)
- whether or not your message includes Unicode characters
- the address books you’re sending to
- the send time
- the number of recipients
- the estimated credits you’ll use for this send (this is an estimate only and doesn't account for longer messages due to personalisation)
- Click Send campaign
Keep it short
If your SMS is longer than 160 standard GSM characters, it costs more to send. Don't get caught out by extra costs. Learn about SMS message length and using Unicode in your messages.