Learn to connect and set up your Dotdigital account with your Magento 2 store.
Our Setup wizard can automatically get you up and running after connecting your Dotdigital account to Magento 2. The wizard takes care of all your configuration settings and gets the data you need in the right place in your Dotdigital account.
This article shows you how to connect your Magento 2 store to Dotdigital and then run the Setup wizard.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- To use this integration guide, you must use the Dotdigital for Magento extension version 4.17.0 or higher.
- You must be an account owner or have the Can manage account permission.
To learn more about permissions, check out the article Restrict and grant user access permissions.
Watch the video
1. Create an API user
You need to create an API user in your Dotdigital account. You can then use this API user to set up the connection to Magento 2.
To create an API user:
- In Dotdigital, go to Settings > Access > API users.
- Select NEW USER.
The username (email address) is automatically generated for you and must not be edited.
- Enter a description for your API user.
- Enter and confirm your password.
Minimum: eight characters.
Include: one or more digits or non-alphanumeric characters.
- For Status, select Enabled
- Select SAVE.
2. Set up Magento 2 to Dotdigital connection
Enter your API user details to create the connection between your Magento 2 store and Dotdigital.
To set up a connection:
- In Magento 2, go to Stores > Configuration.
- Expand the DOTDIGITAL side menu, then select Accounts.
- Under Settings, expand the Enabled drop-down menu, then select Yes.
- For API Username, enter the Dotdigital API username you created in Step 1.
- For API Password, enter the password for your Dotdigital API user.
- Select Save Config.
Once saved, you can see the connection banner to tell you the status of your connection.
3. Set up the integration
Once you've connected your store to a Dotdigital account, you can automatically set up your integration so it's ready to use.
The setup tasks we complete for you:
- Create, sync, and map data fields to Dotdigital.
- Create address books in Dotdigital for your Customers, Subscribers, and Guests.
Address books are named using your store name as a prefix, for example, Store name - Customers.
- Turn on sync for Customers, Guests, Subscribers, Orders, and your Catalog.
- Sync some starter ecommerce data to Dotdigital using some orders and product data in your Magento 2 store.
This gives you instant access to our Commerce intelligence tools.
- Check the Dotdigital cron jobs are running correctly.
Set up the integration
To automatically set up your integration, select Set Up Integration.
If you have a preexisting configuration, we'll ask you to confirm you want to reset your data.