Learn to reset and resync your customers, subscribers, order, review, wishlist, and catalog data from Magento 2 to Engagement Cloud.
If you're using the Engagement Cloud connector for Magento 2, there are times where you might want to reset your syncs and reimport your previously synchronised data.
When you reset syncs on a data type, Magento 2 labels all old and new data for that data-type as Not Imported. Therefore when the next sync runs between Magento 2 and Engagement Cloud, the connector begins syncing the data labelled as Not Imported, whether it has previously synced or not.
Here are some examples of why you might need to reset your syncs:
- The connection between Magento 2 and Engagement Cloud was temporarily down, and as a result, you have missing data.
- You've added new contact attributes that you want to use with previously synced contacts.
- You've added new order or catalog custom attributes that you want to use with previously synced data.
- You've accidentally deleted contacts from Engagement Cloud and want Magento 2 to add them again.
Resetting the syncs in Magento 2
To reset the syncs and resync your data from Magento 2 to Engagement Cloud:
- In Magento 2, go to Stores > Configuration.
- Under the expanded dotdigital menu, select Developer.
The developer section contains advanced settings. We recommend asking your developer to make changes to the configuration in this section.
- Under Sync Settings > Reset Sync Options, find the data type* you want to reset the sync for, and select Run Now.
*You can reset data for customers, subscribers, order data, review data, wishlist data, and catalog data.
Resetting the syncs doesn't sync any data not in Magento 2
Resetting the syncs only marks existing data within Magento 2 as Not Imported. If you have directly imported contacts into Engagement Cloud, they do not sync into Magento 2.
Select a date range for resetting order data syncs
If you would like to reset your order data within a date range, you can use the Date Range selector to choose your From and To dates.
You can only use the date range selector with order data.