Learn about the different types of access permissions you can set for your users.
When creating a new user or editing user access permissions, you must understand the different types of permissions and what they mean. Use this article as a reference for the user permissions.
Understanding the user permissions
- All permissions - Select this to give a user every permission available, as listed below (hence they'll all become checked)
- Can create contacts - Allows the user to create new contacts (including new SMS contacts in the SMS broadcast tool, which in turn allows use of the 'Send single message' functionality)
- Can manage account - Allows the user to edit account settings an view and pay invoice, as well as being able to set up other users on the account
- Can send without approval - Allows the user to send campaigns without needing approval (this requires the 'Sender' permission to also be enabled to work)
- Can use broadcast SMS - Allows the user to access, compose, send and report on SMS campaigns and send single SMS messages
- Can use Chat - Allows the user to access the Chat tool as an agent.
- Can use pages and forms - Allows the user access to the pages and forms tool
- Can use Surveys and forms - Allows the user access to the surveys and forms tool (note that the 'Contact exporter' and 'Reporter' permissions need to be enabled for a user to view and export survey reporting)
- Contact exporter - Allows the user to export contacts, as well as export campaign reports and pages and forms responses (this requires the 'Contacts' permission to also be enabled to work)
- Contacts - Allows the user access to the contact section and view emails across the site
- Ecommerce - Allows the user to view and access the ecommerce channel.
- Edit campaigns - Allows the user to edit campaigns
- Programs - Allows the user access to the automated programs feature
- Reporter - Allows the user to view reporting and access Channel management.
- Report drill down - Allows the user to drill down into the reports (this requires the 'Reporter' permission to also be enabled to work
- Sender - Allows the user to send campaigns, and their campaigns will go to the outbox to await approval from the primary account owner. To send without the need for approval, they'll also need the 'Can send without approval' permission enabled.
- Template administrator - Allows the user to administer the template library (this required the 'Edit campaigns' permission to also be enabled to work)