Learn to set up and find the correct information to configure single sign-on for your Engagement Cloud account using Okta.
Before you start
This article is part of a process. Read the article Set up Single Sign-On (SSO) for your account in conjunction with this article.
Step 1: Create a new app
To create a new app in Okta:
- Log in to your Okta tenant admin.
- Go to Applications > Applications.
- Select Add application, and then Create New App.
- Under Create a New Application Integration, expand the Platform drop-down menu, and select Web.
- For Sign on method, select OpenID Connect.
- Select Create.
This takes you to the Create OpenID Connect App Integration form.
Step 2: Set up your Okta application and find Client ID and Client server
From the Create OpenID Connect App Integration form, you can set up your Okta app and find your Client ID and Client server:
- Under GENERAL SETTINGS, for Application name, enter a name for your application.
Use a name that's easy to identify, like dotdigital or Engagement Cloud.
- If you want to add a logo, for Application logo, add an image for your application.
- For Login redirect URIs, select + Add URI, and enter
https://login.dotdigital.com/Sso/Authenticate, and repeat to add
- Select Save.
This takes you to the general settings of your application.
- Under the heading Client Credentials, copy the Client ID and save it for later.
- Copy the Client secret and save it for later.
Step 3: Find your Well-known endpoint
In Okta, the Well-known endpoint is called the Metadata URI. To find the Metadata URI:
- From the top menu, go to Security > API.
- Find the Authorisation server you want to use, and select the Edit icon.
- Under Settings, find the Metadata URI, and copy the URI and save it for later.
The metadata URI is your well-known endpoint.
You now have all the information you need to set SSO up on your account.
- Go back to Set up Single Sign-On (SSO) for your account and complete the process.