Learn how to set up the Eventbrite event synchronisation integration.
Connect Eventbrite events synchronisation to your dotdigital account to sync published event data directly to your account. You can sync different types of data:
- Ticket order and purchase data as contact Insight data.
- Event attendees as contacts in an address book.
You can use this data for different reasons:
- Create a program to send reminders or teasers prior to each event by enrolling contacts from the event address book.
- You can segment based on ticket order data and filter these orders on the Ecommerce dashboard by filtering on order.source contains Eventbrite.
To learn more about ecommerce filters, check out Using the Ecommerce reports.
If you have past attendee or ticket purchase data, Eventbrite syncs this historical data, too. When an event is unpublished, the address book is automatically removed.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- Create or have an Eventbrite account.
Step 1: Find the integration
To find the Eventbrite events synchronisation integration:
- Go to Settings > Integration hub.
- Choose the Self-serve tab.
- Select Eventbrite events synchronization.
- Select Use Integration.
Step 2: Connect Eventbrite to dotdigital
To connect Eventbrite to dotdigital:
- Select Connect your Eventbrite to connect it to dotdigital.
You can connect more than one account.
- Sign in to Eventbrite to allow dotdigital access to your account. If this process is successful, a dialogue box shows that the data source is linked.
- Once complete, select Next.
Step 3: Set up your settings
To set up your settings:
- Expand the Organization drop-down menu, select the organisation you want the integration to create address books for published events. Once complete, select Next.
Two contact data fields are created when you allow the integration to create an address book:
- If you want ticket orders to be tracked in your contact Insight data, expand the TrackOrders drop-down menu and select Yes. If not, select No then Next.
To learn more about Insight data, check out Overview of Insight data.
- If you want to import all existing attendees that Eventbrite stores against your organisation, expand the ImportAttendees drop-down menu and select Yes. If not, select No, and then select Next.
Contacts for new registrations are always created.
- If you want your your historical ticket purchases to be imported as contact Insight data, expand the ImportPurchases drop-down menu select Yes. If not, select No.
This question appears only if you answer Yes in the previous step.
- Select Next to finalise the setup process.
Understand the ticket Insight data layout
Use the table below to understand your ticket Insight data:
"name": "Fictitious event",
"source": "Eventbrite - Organization 4123123123123"
||Returns the total of the order.|
||Returns how the payment was made.|
||Returns the currency the ticket was purchased in.|
||Returns the status of the ticket order.|
||Returns the date of the ticket purchase.|
||Returns the total price before taxes and discounts are applied.|
||Returns the product or products that were purchased.|
||Returns the event name.|
||Returns the price after taxes and discounts are applied.|
||Returns the Eventbrite event ID.|
||Returns the quantity of tickets purchased.|
||Returns the event source for the ticket purchase.|