Learn how to import multiple contacts into an existing or new address book.
Using our contact importer, you can bulk upload contacts into a new or existing address book. All contacts must have at least an email address or mobile phone number.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- This article is for Chat for Magento, which is no longer available to new users. If you're a Chat user, check out the articles in Email contacts and Email address books.
- You can only import Excel, CSV, TXT and ZIP file formats.
- You must have an address book ready to import the contact data into.
Import contacts into an address book
To import contacts into an existing address book:
- Go to Contacts.
- Select the address book you want to import the contacts to.
If you're not sure, select all contacts.
- Expand the +New contact drop-down menu, then select Import contacts.
- For File upload, select +Choose file, then find and select the file you want to import.
- For Email address to notify, enter the email address you want us to send the import-complete report to.
- For Encoding type, expand the Encoding type drop-down menu and choose the encoding type of your file.
- Select Upload.
- Under Data mapping, expand the Map to contact data field drop-down menus to map your file column to a data field in your account.
To learn more, check out the section How to map your contact data.
- When complete, select Finish.