Learn how to set up the integration between Trustpilot and Dotdigital.
Integrating your Trustpilot account with Dotdigital allows you to sync product reviews as contact insight data, inside a collection called Reviews. You can also automatically enrol contacts into an automated program once they have left a review.
Segmenting on the review data against each contact record means that you can customise your programs and target your communications more effectively.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- The integration does not create contacts. If a customer leaves a review but they do not already exist as a contact in your Dotdigital account, no data sync or program enrolment takes place.
- It is only possible to sync product reviews, and not other review types such as service reviews.
- Data sync for new reviews and program enrolments only take place once the review is verified and published on your website.
Install Dotdigital for Trustpilot
Once the installation process is complete, the syncing of reviews is done automatically, as are enrolments into your chosen program, if you choose to set this up during installation.
Step 1: Connect your Trustpilot account
- In Dotdigital, go to the Integration Hub.
- Select the Self-Serve tab, and then the Trustpilot tile.
- Select Use integration and then + Connect your Trustpilot.
Step 2: Configure the integration
- A pop-up window is displayed allowing you to log in to your Trustpilot business account. Enter your Trustpilot Business login credentials, then select Log in.
- A confirmation message is displayed. Select Ok.
- Select Next.
- Details of the integration are displayed. Read the information, then select Next.
- Enter your Trustpilot Business Unit Name.
Business Unit Name
This is the domain registered with your Trustpilot account, which is included at the end of the URL for your public Trustpilot page, for example https://www.trustpilot.com/review/dotdigital.com
Your Business Unit Name can be found in the upper left hand corner of your Trustpilot account.
- Select Next.
- Expand the Programs drop-down menu and choose a program to enrol new reviewers on to.
If you don't yet have a program built and activated you can select Next without selecting a program. You can return to this page at any time to map a program by going to Integration Hub > Active, then selecting the Trustpilot tile and then Settings. Your review data will still be mapped, even without selecting a program, as long as the rest of the set up process is complete.
- Select Next to complete the setup process and start the initial data sync.