Learn how to verify your DNS records when using a Send via From Address that uses the Dotdigital shared sending infrastructure.
If you use a Send via From Address, then you must first verify the DNS records of your sending domain to prove ownership of the domain.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- You must speak to your Customer success representative before using this feature.
Step 1: Find and add DNS records to sending domain
To find and add DNS records to your sending domain:
- Go to Email > Email campaigns > Advanced features, and select the From addresses tab.
- Find the From address you want to verify, then select Verify to view the DNS records.
Records can take up to ten minutes before they’re visible.
- Add the specified TXT record to your sending domain DNS.
Need some help?
To learn how to add your DNS records with some popular domain providers, check out the article Delegate a subdomain to our servers.
Step 2: Verify your DNS records
To verify your DNS records:
- After updating your DNS settings, return to the verification page in Dotdigital and select VERIFY at the bottom of the page.
- If you've added the record correctly, you return to your list of From addresses, and your From address status will become Active. This means it is ready to use in a campaign.
DNS changes can take up to 48 hours
It can take up to 48 hours for DNS changes to appear and make verification possible.
Once you verify, we’ll continue to check your DNS and send you an email notification to the account owner and users with the Can manage account permission when the from address becomes active.
Error: Unable to verify
If you see the error, We were unable to verify some records in DNS; you must check that your DNS has the correct values. To learn more, check out the section Verification troubleshooting at the bottom of this article.
If you can't verify your DNS records, it could be for the following reason:
- Your DNS is missing the expected records.
Check that you've added the expected TXT record to your DNS and in the specified format. The table below details the possible errors you can see when you're verifying a From address:
Error Description We were unable to find the TXT record in DNS Expected TXT record is missing