Learn to upload and use your own HTML email template.
If you want to use your own email templates, you can design and create your own HTML template and upload it to your account. After you upload your HTML template, you can use it in your email campaigns.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- Supported files are HTML, HTM, PNG, GIF, JPG, JPEG, CSS, and ZIP.
- Images must be saved locally in the same folder as your HTML file — don't use an Images folder — as this lets the system reference images correctly during import.
- The maximum file size is 15 MB for individual files and 50 MB for zip files.
- If you're used to designing web pages, note that email HTML can be very different. We strongly advise using tables and font tags in preference to CSS classes where possible to make sure your email renders correctly in different email clients.
To learn more about writing templates for EasyEditor, check out our EasyEditor template markup guide. These guides explain how to write templates that are compatible with, and editable in, Dotdigital's EasyEditor.
It's possible to upload valid HTML which is not marked up to be compatible with EasyEditor. In this case, your campaign is visible in the design view, but you won't be able to edit it. You should be able to continue with the sending process as normal.
Upload a custom HTML email template
To upload a custom HTML template:
- Go to Email campaigns > Custom templates, and select UPLOAD TEMPLATE.
If you don't see the option to upload a template, contact us as we might need to activate this feature for your account.
- Drag in or select files and relevant images to upload. Files can be uploaded individually, in multiples, or as a zip file.
- Select UPLOAD.
- To view your template, select the Custom templates tab.