We're always working to improve the Engagement Cloud for Microsoft Dynamics connector. And whenever we have an improvement, we'll make an update available.
An update might include stability enhancements, bug fixes, admin tools, or new features and functionality. So keeping your solution up-to-date is the perfect way to make sure you're using the latest and greatest solution.
Checking for an upgrade
Staying up-to-date is simple. Our update reminder tool lets you know when it's time to upgrade.
To check if an update is available, go to the Email settings page and look for a bright yellow banner. From here you can download the latest solution or check out the upgrade guide. If you don’t see the banner, good news, you're already up-to-date.
To find your Email Settings page, open Microsoft Dynamics and go to Settings > Email Accounts > (Select your account) > Email Settings.
Upgrading your solution
- Open Microsoft Dynamics and go to Settings>Email Accounts >(Select your account) >Email Settings
- On the upgrade notification banner, click Download the latest solution. This downloads the most recent compatible solution to your device. If you don't see the upgrade banner, your solution is already up-to-date.
- Once your download finishes, go to Settings > Solutions and click import.
- In the pop-up window, click Choose File, select the file you downloaded in step one, and then click Next to upload. The upload might take a few minutes.
- While the file uploads, you'll see the Solution Information panel – this shows you the current version, the version you're installing, and some additional details. You don’t need to do anything at this point, but the information might be useful to you.
- After the upload finishes, you’ll be asked how to handle your customizations during the upgrade. We recommend you select Maintain customizations. It’s important to only select Overwrite customizations if you are certain this is what you want.
- Make your selection and click Import to start the upgrade.
- Once the upgrade completes successfully, you'll see a success banner at the top of the page and a detailed upgrade log. Click Download Log File, if you want to save a copy of the log. And finally, click Close to complete your upgrade.