In order to take advantage of the WooCommerce Abandoned Cart functionality you must be on version 1.1.0+ of the connector. You can check the version by accessing Admin > Plugins > installed Plugins within WooCommerce. If an update is required download the plugin and then overwrite the old plugin files.
The WooCommerce connector allows you to send abandoned cart emails to logged in customers of your website. This feature is free of charge and is included with the connector.
Logged in customers can abandon their cart on any page to trigger program enrolment which sends the campaign(s). The scenarios below outline the main processes that trigger enrolment:
- Shopper adds items to their cart ➔ Logs into their account ➔ Abandons.
- Shopper logs into their account first ➔ Add items to their cart ➔Abandons.
At this point, the cart details are stored as a record in that contact's CartInsight data collection. This CartInsight data includes items such as the URL of the cart, the products in the cart and the price of the cart.
Setting up abandoned cart is quick and intuitive. It does not require custom code to be added to your store. You simply need to build a program and map that program from the settings of the connector.
You have full control over this program and can decide how many campaigns should be sent, the cadence of these campaigns and of course the content within those campaigns. Cart content is easily inserted into the campaign by using the abandoned cart block. Enrolment can happen as soon as 30 minutes after the cart has been abandoned.
Creating an abandoned cart email
An abandoned cart email contains the latest contents of a contact's cart in a pre-built layout, which is populated with CartInsight data. Abandoned cart emails are sent automatically through programs. Therefore, make sure you create an abandoned cart email as a triggered campaign.
- Go to Automation > Triggered campaign content > Add new. This action opens EasyEditor, which is a drag-and-drop editor for designing email campaigns.
- Drag and drop an abandoned cart block into a dropzone in your design.
- In EasyEditor, you will see placeholder text in this block.
Previewing the content of an abandoned cart block
You can preview what text will be displayed to a contact when the email is sent by using the personalised preview.
- Click Preview > Personalisation icon
- Enter the email address of a contact that has a CartInsight data record. To find out which contacts have a CartInsight data record, create a segment that contains those contacts.
If you need additional help with building an email campaign, read the ‘Getting Started’ section.
Creating an abandoned cart program
You do have full creative control and can build the program any way you like but there are nodes that should be included. It is suggested that your abandoned cart program include at least one delay node and one decision node to look for purchases within the duration of the program. This ensures the program is operating successfully and removes contacts who might have made that purchase.
You can create programs by going to Automation > My programs > New program.
New to Automation?
Below is an example of a simple way to build an abandoned checkout program:
The start node should be set to ‘No scheduled enrolment’
Attach a Decision node to the Start node. In the Decision node, create a condition that includes only contacts who have an order with a purchase_date value that occurs in the last one day.
- No Path - Attach Campaign node to the 'NO' path of the Decision node. In the Campaign node, select your abandoned checkout email.
- Yes Path- End Node, contacts will exit the program if they completed their order in the last one day.
If you would like to send more then one abandoned cart email add a delay node immediately following the first campaign and then repeat the decision node from earlier. Adjust the purchase_date length to the proper time frame within each subsequent delay node. For example, if your second email will be sent three days after the first was sent then set the purchase_date to ‘occurs in the last three days.’
It’s recommended you QA the program prior to setting it live. The easiest method to test the program is to attach a decision node to the Start node. The decision node will exit email addresses that do not match the email addresses you want to test with.
- Yes Path - Email address is equal to the email address you are testing with
- No Path - Contacts will exit the program if they do not meet the email address entered above
When QA is complete and everything is working properly remove this node from the program.
Activating the abandoned cart process
The program can be mapped and activated from the WooCommerce connector settings. This can be accessed in Engagement Cloud by clicking WooCommerce in the Engagement Cloud settings menu.
This takes you to the 'Store' tab, scroll down to the 'Abandoned Cart' section and map the ‘Abandoned cart to’ to the abandoned cart program you have created.
Choose the wait time to enrol contacts into the abandoned cart program. The minimum wait time is 30 minutes and the maximum is 12 hours.
The abandoned cart program must be in an active status for enrolment to begin.