Learn about some key considerations and checks you must do when thinking about moving from Magento to Shopify.
If you chose to move your site from Magento 1 or Magento 2 to Shopify, our integration covers your marketing automation needs.
The Engagement Cloud for Shopify connector works with Shopify and Shopify Plus stores and you can synchronise the following data types:
- Subscribers (accepts marketing)
- Catalog (products)
In addition to data synchronisation, the connector has abandoned checkout, abandoned cart and automation functionalities.
There are also a few key differences and item checks to consider for your marketing strategy when planning your move.
Considering key differences
When moving to Shopify, consider the following:
- The Shopify connector doesn’t sync Quotes, Wishlist, Review or Consent data.
- With the Shopify connector, custom data fields must be mapped as Tags from Shopify.
- The Shopify connector only supports the following automations:
- New Customer
- New Subscriber
- First Order
- New Order
- Abandoned Checkout
- Coupon codes, abandoned cart content and product recommendations are all generated by building blocks in the EasyEditor, rather than external dynamic content (EDC).
- The Shopify connector doesn’t feature a simple mail transfer protocol (SMTP) relay for transactional emails. However, the connector does integrate well with Shopify Flow.
To-do items after connector installation
After making the transition to Shopify, we recommend doing the following:
- Delete or disable the API users used for your Magento extension.
- Update or disable all automatons triggered by Magento.
- Update all campaigns that use Magento EDC:
- Insert the Abandoned Cart building block into Abandoned Cart campaigns.
- Insert the Coupon Code building block into existing campaigns sending coupon codes.
- Replace Most Viewed and Best Sellers EDC by using the Production Recommendation functionality.
- Delete your old catalog insight data (Catalog_Default). Any Product Recommendations built using the synced catalog data from Magento will need to be rebuilt using the catalog data from Shopify.
- Delete your order insight collection before connecting the store to avoid any duplicates, if you decide to migrate your order history to Shopify.
- Map any data fields to sync through by the Shopify settings in your Engagement Cloud account.
- Familiarize yourself with key differences between Abandoned Checkout and Abandoned Cart. Abandoned cart will require custom scripts to be implemented onto your site and takes some time to implement.
- Add any web behavior tracking scripts manually.