Learn to synchronise your contacts or leads from your Salesforce account to Dotdigital.
Keep your contact lists up to date by synchronising your Salesforce and Dotdigital accounts.
The four-part process to do this is outlined in full below.
You need to:
- Create a Salesforce campaign and add any contacts or leads you want to synchronise to this campaign.
- Link the Salesforce campaign to an Email address book.
- Choose your field mappings and sync direction.
- Synchronise the Email address book with Dotdigital.
Step 1: Create a new Salesforce Campaign
To create a new Salesforce Campaign:
- In Salesforce, expand the Campaigns drop-down menu, then select + New Campaign.
If you want to use an existing campaign, select the Campaigns tab and then select the Campaign name.
- Enter a Campaign Name, and complete any other details you want to, then select Save.
- Select Add Leads or Add Contacts under Campaign members, depending on the type of member you want to add.
There are also other ways to add campaign members. To learn more, check out the Salesforce support documentation.
- Select the + icon next to the contacts you want to add to your campaign. Then select Next.
- Check the information on the confirmation screen, then select Submit.
Step 2: Link your Campaign to an Email Address Book.
- On the Salesforce campaign page, select Link to an Email Address Book.
- If you have more than one Dotdigital account connected to your Salesforce organisation, expand the Select account drop-down menu and choose the correct one from the list.
- Select the check box for the address book you want to link.
Select Create new address book, enter a name, and select Create.
- Select Link.
Step 3: Configure your field mapping and sync direction
You can set the sync direction separately for each field that you synchronise between Salesforce and Dotdigital.
Data mapping must be done separately for Contacts and Leads using the relevant tab.
To define the sync direction of your contacts’ and leads’ data fields:
- In Salesforce, go to Configuration and expand the Settings drop-down menu, then select Field mapping.
- Select the Contacts or Leads tab, depending on which member type you want to map.
- For any Salesforce field you want to map, expand the Email Datafield drop-down menu and select the Dotdigital Contact data field to map to.
- For each mapped field expand the Sync Direction drop-down menu, and choose from:
- Salesforce to Dotdigital
- Dotdigital to Salesforce
By default, all data field mappings are set as Salesforce to Dotdigital.
- Select Save.
Step 4: Synchronise the address book with Dotdigital
Once you've linked your Salesforce campaign to an Email address book and configured your field mapping and sync direction, Salesforce creates the address book in Dotdigital and synchronises it automatically during the next scheduled synchronisation.
If you want to synchronise the address book manually:
- Go to the Email Address Books tab.
- Select the name of the Email address book.
- Select Synchronise Address Book.
If you want to capture new leads in Salesforce for any new contacts added in the Dotdigital address book, check out the article Create new leads from Dotdigital to Salesforce.