Learn to synchronise your contacts or leads from your Salesforce account to Engagement Cloud.
It's essential to keep your records up to date. By keeping your Salesforce and Engagement Cloud accounts in sync, it takes little effort to keep your contacts and leads up-to-date.
Synchronising your Salesforce and Engagement Cloud accounts is a three-part process:
- Create a campaign in Salesforce and add to the campaign any contacts or leads you want to synchronise.
- Link this campaign to an Email Address Book in Salesforce.
- Synchronise the address book with Engagement Cloud.
Watch the video
Synchronising contacts or leads
To synchronise your Salesforce contact or leads with Engagement Cloud:
Step 1: Create a new Campaign in Salesforce.
You can also use an existing Campaign if you want.
To create a new Campaign:
- In Salesforce, select the down arrowhead (⌄) of Campaigns to open the drop-down menu.
- Select + New Campaign. If you want to use an existing campaign, select the Campaign name.
- Enter a name for the new Campaign and select Save.
- Under the heading Campaign members, select Add Leads or Add Contacts depending on the type of member you are adding.
There are multiple ways to add campaign members, but for this example we are only covering this one way.
- Select the (+) icon next to all the contacts you want to add to your campaign. When you're done, select Next.
- On the confirmation screen, check the details are correct and select Submit to add the contacts to your campaign.
Step 2: Link your Campaign to an Email Address Book.
- From the top of your campaign page, select Link to an Email Address Book.
- Select Create a new address book.
If you want to use an existing address book, go to Step 2.4.
- Enter a name for your new address book and select Create.
- Under the heading ADDRESS BOOK NAMES, select the check box for the address book you want to link.
- Select Link.
Step 3: Synchronise the address book with Engagement Cloud.
Once you've linked your email address book to a campaign, Salesforce creates the address book in Engagement Cloud and synchronises it automatically during the next scheduled synchronisation.
If you want to synchronise the address book manually, go to the Email Address Book and select Synchronise Address Book.