Learn to upload insight data, such as product catalogs and orders into your account.
Insight data powers your ecommerce features, such as RFM personas, the retail dashboard and reporting, product recommendations, and more.
We designed the import insight data tool to help you get started using your account as quickly as possible. It lets you bulk upload essential data, such as your orders and product catalogs.
Before you start
Things you need to do before you start:
- Download an SFTP client
You need this to connect to our SFTP server.
Some popular SFTP clients:
Step 1: Create an SFTP user
You need to create an SFTP user to authenticate your connection to our SFTP server.
- In your account, go to Access > SFTP users.
- Select New user. We automatically generate a unique user email address for you.
- Enter a description to tell the difference between multiple users.
- Enter and confirm a password.
- For Status, select Enabled to activate the user.
- Select Save.
Step 2: Set up a collection for the data import
To import insight data into your account:
- Go to Email > Contacts > Import data.
- Select +New data import.
- Select Insight data, and then select Next.
- Choose to either add the insight data to a New collection, or to an existing catalog.
- If you select New collection, you must enter a name for your collection.
- Select Next.
Step 3: Upload the file to the SFTP server
After completing Step 2, you are on the File upload page in your account. At this point, we've already created a new folder for you, and this page tells you the folder's file path where you must upload your import file.
To upload your file to the SFTP server:
- In Engagement Cloud, copy the file path.
- Open your SFTP client, and connect using:
- The username and password you created in Step 1.
- Port 22.
- In your SFTP client, use the file path to go to the new folder.
- In the new folder, upload your insight data file.
The insight data file must be in JSON format.
- Go back to Engagement Cloud, and under the label SFTP file, select the Refresh icon.
You should now see your imported file in the SFTP files list.
- Expand the SFTP file drop-down menu, and select the file you want to upload.
- For Encoding type, expand the encoding type drop-down menu and select the type of encoding you want to use.
- For Email address to notify, enter an email address to receive a notification when your import finishes.
Separate multiple email address with a comma.
- For Name, enter a name to identify your import.
- Select Next.
Step 4: Schedule the import
On the schedule page, you choose the frequency you want to the import to run. The import includes all files that are in the SFTP folder path.
To schedule the import:
- On the Schedule import page, for Frequency, select when you want the import to run.
There are four frequency options:
The import starts running within 1 min of inserting a file into the SFTP folder path.
Set the exact minutes past the hour when you want the import to run.
Set the time of day the import runs.
Select a day or multiple days of the week, and set the time of day that the import runs.
- Select Save.