Learn to set up and find the correct information to configure single sign-on for your Dotdigital account using Google Workspace.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- This article is part of a process. Start with the article Set up Single Sign-On (SSO) for your account, and we will direct you to this article at the correct point in the process.
Step 1: Create a new Google Cloud Project
1. In Google Workspace, go to your Google Cloud Platform projects list.
2. Select +CREATE PROJECT.
3. For Project name, enter a name for your project.
Use a name that's easy to identify, such as Dotdigital.
4. If you want to publish an app listing privately to a domain, under Organization, choose the organization that needs access to the app.
5. Select Create.
Step 2: Create a client ID and client secret
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials.
- Select +CREATE CREDENTIALS, then OAuth client ID.
- Google might ask you to create a product name. If so, select Configure consent screen, and enter any requested information.
For the product name, use a name that's easy to identify, such as Dotdigital.
- For Application type, select Web application.
- For Authorised redirect URIs, enter the URI
- Select Create. You now see your new credentials.
- Copy the client ID and client secret, and save them for later.
Step 3: Authorise your domain
1. Using the side-menu, go to OAuth consent screen.
2. For User type, select Internal.
3. For Authorized domains, enter dotdigital.com.
4. Select SAVE AND CONTINUE.
Step 4: Copy the Well-known endpoint
The Well-known endpoint for Google Workspace is
https://accounts.google.com/.well-known/openid-configuration. Copy this endpoint and save it for later.
You now have all the information you need to set SSO up on your account.
- Go back to Set up Single Sign-On (SSO) for your account and complete the process.