Learn to integrate Engagement Cloud with Zoom Webinars to manage communications with registrants, attendees, and absentees of your Zoom Webinars.
Our Zoom Webinars to Engagement Cloud integration lets you promote, remind, and follow up with registrants for your Zoom Webinars.
Features of the Zoom Webinars to Engagement Cloud integration:
- Effortlessly track published webinars
- Automatically create and maintain address books for your registrants, attendees, and absentees.
- Optionally enrol contacts into programs based on registration, attendee, or absentee status.
- Track the last webinar your contacts attended or registered for, and store this info in their contact data fields.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- This integration adds two new contact data fields to your account:
ZOOM_LAST_WEBINARTracks the name or topic of the last Zoom webinar the contact attended or registered for.
ZOOM_LAST_ATTENDEDTracks the UTC date of the last Zoom webinar the contact attended or registered for
- Upon installation, this integration creates three new address books – registrants, attendees, and absentees – in your Engagement Cloud account for each Webinar.
Step 1: Install the Zoom Webinars app
To install the dotdigital app:
- In Engagement Cloud, go to Settings > Integration hub, and then select the Other integrations tab.
- Select the Zoom webinars app.
- Select Use integration.
- Select +Connect your Zoom.
- If requested, sign in to your Zoom account.
- Read the authorisation information, to agree, select Authorise. Then select Next.
- Read the integration information and select Next.
Step 2: Set up your Zoom Webinar settings
- Expand the Zoom user drop-down menu, and select your Zoom account.
- For program enrolments, expand the Event drop-down menu and choose either After attending, Missed webinar, or On registration.
- Expand the Program drop-down menu and choose the program you want your event rule to apply to. To add more mapping rules, select +Add additional mapping.
You can only select active programs. We suggest using programs with triggered enrolment.
- Select Next.
If you delete a webinar in Zoom, we automatically delete any related address books in Engagement Cloud at the next sync.
Data syncs with Zoom are hourly. Therefore, it might take up to an hour for any changes to be reflected in Engagement Cloud.
Uninstall the Zoom Webinars app
There are two ways you can remove the integration:
- Uninstall the Zoom Webinars app from Engagement Cloud
- Uninstall the dotdigital app in Zoom
Uninstall the Zoom Webinars app from Engagement Cloud
Deleting the Zoom Webinars integration will remove all address books associated with your webinars for the linked Zoom user.
To uninstall the Zoom Webinars app from Engagement Cloud:
- In Engagement Cloud, go to Settings > Integration hub.
- Select the Active integrations tab.
- Find and select the Zoom Webinars app.
- For Permanently delete this Integration, select Delete.
- On the confirmation, select Delete.
Uninstall the dotdigital app from Zoom
To uninstall the dotdigital app from Zoom:
- Log in to your Zoom Account and go to the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Go to Manage > Installed Apps and find the dotdigital app.
Alternatively, search for the dotdigital app.
- Select Uninstall.
- On the uninstall confirmation, for Please choose your uninstall reason, choose the reason you are uninstalling the app.
- If you’d like us to retain your data and keep any address books associated with your webinars, select Grant App developer consent to retain data.
If you don’t allow us to retain your data, we will remove all address books associated with your webinars once you uninstall the dotdigital app in Zoom.6. Finally, select Uninstall.