Learn how to set up the integration between Yotpo Reviews and Dotdigital.
This integration is currently in private preview. If you are interested in installing the integration, you can contact your Customer Success representative. The feature needs to be added to your account’s Integration hub before you can complete the installation.
Integrating your Yotpo Reviews account with Dotdigital allows you to sync product reviews as contact insight data, inside a collection called Reviews. You can also automatically enrol contacts into an automated program once they have left a review.
Segmenting on the review data against each contact record means that you can customise your programs and target your communications more effectively.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- The integration does not create contacts. If a customer leaves a review but they do not already exist as a contact in your Dotdigital account, no data sync or program enrolment takes place.
- Data sync for new reviews and program enrolments only take place once the review is verified and published on your website.
Install Dotdigital for Yotpo Reviews
Once the installation process is complete, the syncing of reviews is done automatically, as are enrolments into your chosen program, if you choose to set this up during installation.
Step 1: Connect your Yotpo account
- In Dotdigital, go to the Integration Hub.
- Select the Self-Serve tab, and then the Yotpo tile.
- Select Setup and then + Connect your Yotpo.
Step 2: Set up the integration
- A pop-up window opens requesting an App Key, which you can get from your Yotpo account. You can find this by going to Settings > General Settings under the heading API Credentials. Once you have the App Key, you can enter it into the field in the pop-up window to approve Dotdigital's access to your Yotpo Account.
- Select Link connection.
- Read the permissions information, then select Authorize.
- On the confirmation message, select Ok.
- Select Next.
- Read the summary, then select Next.
- Expand the Programs drop-down menu and choose a program to enrol new reviewers on to.
If you don't yet have a program built and activated you can select Next without selecting a program. You can return to this page at any time to map a program by going to Integration Hub > Active, then selecting the Yotpo tile. Your review data will still be mapped, even without selecting a program, as long as the rest of the set up process is complete.
- Select Next to complete the setup process and start the initial data sync.