Learn how to use contact scoring with Dotdigital for Salesforce.
Provided you meet the above prerequisites, and then make the page layout modifications as outlined below, you'll get five new fields for your contacts, leads and person accounts:
- Overall Score
- Engagement Score
- Suitability Score
- Score Label
- Latest Score Evaluation
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- To use contact scoring with Dotdigital for Salesforce, you must have...
- contact scoring enabled on your Dotdigital account
- Dotdigital for Salesforce version 2.40 or later
Modifying 'Contacts', 'Leads' and 'Person Accounts' page layouts for contact scoring
In any of the 'Contacts', 'Leads' and 'Person Accounts' page layouts, you'll need to do the following in the 'Setup' section:
- In the quick find area, type 'contacts'/'leads'/'person accounts', click Page Layouts and then Click on Edit next to the required page.
- Select 'Section' from the 'Fields' area.
- Drag and drop it into the 'Contact Detail'/'Lead Detail' area.
- In the 'Section Properties' box, give the section the name 'Scoring' and then click OK.
- Select the five fields 'Engagement Score', 'Latest Score Evaluation', 'Overall Score', 'Score Label' and 'Suitability Score' from the 'Fields' area.
- Drag and drop them into the new 'Scoring' section.
- Click on the 'Properties' spanner icon, set all of the contact scoring fields to 'Read-Only' and click OK.
This completes the required 'Contacts', 'Leads' and 'Person Accounts' page layout modifications.
Syncing contact scoring
By default, the sync setting will be manual only.
In order to activate contact scoring, you'll need to set it to perform a daily sync. This coincides with the fact that Dotdigital itself performs a calculation of contact scoring every 24 hours.
After the first sync is complete, you'll see the new fields populated for your contacts, leads and person accounts.