|Setting up a campaign ReMail|
|Reports for ReMail campaigns|
|» Before your ReMail has sent (editing and cancelling your ReMail)|
|Forgot to set up ReMail at the time but now want to resend to non-openers?|
Even when you've got an email into your contacts' inboxes, it can be the case that they just don't get round to reading it. That's where our ReMail tool comes in handy.
ReMail enables you to automatically resend a campaign with a new subject line to anyone who isn't tracked as opening it after a set number of days. This gives you a second chance to grab their attention.
Please note: ReMails are considered separate campaigns for the purposes of reporting and billing.
When scheduling a campaign send, the third step on the 'Select contacts and schedule campaign' screen will ask whether you want to send a ReMail.
On selecting Yes, you'll be asked to set:
- number of days after the immediate/scheduled send that the ReMail should be sent to non-openers. This can be any number of days between 1 and 30.
- the subject line that should be used. By default, we'll reuse the subject line from your campaign (or in the case of a split test campaign, the subject line of the winning version). You might want to change the subject line though to try a new message, given that the first one didn't generate an open, or in order to add urgency and immediacy to your campaign (e.g. "Offer ends today").
Dynamic subject lines can't be changedChanging the subject line isn't available for campaigns using dynamic subject lines. The same dynamic subject lines will be used in the ReMail of the campaign and can't be changed.
If you want to be able to change the subject line of the ReMail, you'll need to ensure you're using a static subject line instead in the 'Create' step.
Once your campaign is sent to the outbox, your ReMail is scheduled and will go out automatically to any contact for whom an open hasn't been tracked.
A tracked open results from:
- opening an email (and downloading the images) for the HTML version of the email
- following a link in the HTML or plain text version of the email
Once your ReMail campaign has been sent, it will have a report just like all of your other campaigns.
You'll also be able to access it by clicking on ReMail report via the campaign overview report for the original campaign.
Not a problem! There's a couple of options open to you, post-send. You can:
- create a segment to identify the non-openers of the campaign, and then send a copy of the campaign to that segment
- go to the campaign's report, click on More reports > Non-openers, click on Export > Create address book and then send a copy of the campaign to all of the non-openers in that address book