Learn how to delete unwanted email campaign data from Salesforce.
Each email campaign data record in Salesforce occupies at least 2KB of memory. You can free up some of this storage by removing data records for completed or outdated email campaigns.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- You need to be a Salesforce administrator to remove email campaign data.
Delete campaign data
To delete email campaign data form Salesforce:
Step 1: Restrict the data options for the email campaigns
- Go to Configuration.
- Expand the Settings drop-down menu and select Sync options, and then the Data Options tab.
- Clear the checkboxes for the data types you want to remove from Salesforce, then select Select Email Campaigns.
If you want to remove this data for all email campaigns, then select All Email Campaigns.
- Select the checkboxes for the email campaigns you want to remove data for.
- Select Apply to Selected.
- Select Save.
Step 2: Remove email campaign data from leads and contacts
To remove data for selected email campaigns from contact and lead records:
- Go to Email Campaigns.
- Expand the drop-down menu to the right of your chosen campaigns, then select Delete.
- In the dialogue box that opens, select Delete to confirm.
Following the next synchronisation, the selected email campaigns are imported with only the email campaign data options that you left selected in Step 1. This data is also added to the associated contact and lead records.
You need to remove the email campaign data from the Salesforce recycle bin before the Salesforce storage is reduced.
Delete Operation Limit
Salesforce has a limit on the amount of objects that can be deleted at a given time. You may not be able to delete campaigns that contain over 100,000 combined objects. Instead, you can use the Clear Email Campaign Data option.
To do this:
- Go to Email campaigns.
- Select the email campaign name.
- Select Advanced.
- Select the checkboxes for the data types you want to delete, then select Clear Email Campaign Data.