Learn how to synchronise opt-in types from Dotdigital for Contacts, Leads and Accounts in Microsoft Dynamics.
Contacts in Dotdigital have one of four possible opt-in types that shows whether or not they confirmed their email address when they opted in to receive your messages.
You can synchronise a Dotdigital contact's opt-in type to the opt-in type field in Microsoft Dynamics.
To learn more about opt-in types, check out the Contact opt-in types article.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- To synchronise opt-in types you'll need one of the following versions (or higher) of the Dotdigital for Dynamics connector:
- 2011: 18.104.22.168
- 2013: 22.214.171.1248
- 2015 and 2016: 126.96.36.1990
Set up opt-in type synchronisation
- In Microsoft Dynamics, go to Email Accounts under Settings in the left side menu.
- Select the account name.
- Select Scheduled Sync Settings.
- Set the synchronisation Interval and Sync Window for the Opt-in status to Dynamics synchronisation type by expanding the relevant drop-down menu and choosing your desired setting. By default, the synchronisation setting is manual.
- Select Save.
Any Contacts, Leads, or Accounts that have the same email address as your contacts in Dotdigital are given an opt-in type field. After the first synchronisation completes, the opt-in type fields are given the values of your contacts' opt-in types from Dotdigital.
The opt-in type field for Contacts, Leads and Accounts can be found on the Details tab of the relevant record, under Contact Methods.
Shared entities across multiple email accounts
If you synchronise opt-in types for more than one Dotdigital account, the opt-in type of any records shared between multiple accounts might be overwritten by the value in the email account that was synchronised most recently. However, the value is only overwritten by a higher opt-in type, following a hierarchy:
So, if a contact has a Verified double opt-in type in one of your connected email accounts and an Unknown opt-in type in a second connected email account, the contact will remain Verified double even after the synchronisation of the second account is completed.