Get started creating segments that divide your contacts into small targetable blocks based on set criteria.
You can use segments to cater specific campaigns to your contacts' needs, wants, and passions rather than settling for a one-size-fits-all message.
With segmentation, you can be sure you're delivering personalised, targeted campaigns to the right contacts based on contact behaviour, contact data, address books, marketing preferences, and purchase history.
Ways to segment your contacts:
- Contact behaviour
Based on past campaigns you have sent to contacts and how they responded and interacted with your communications.
Using the data you hold in your contacts data fields.
Whether a contact is part of an address book or if they've chosen particular marketing preferences.
Using our in-depth ecommerce tools, you can build segments based on RFM, ERFM, purchase history, and more.
You can create a segment in the segment builder from scratch – exactly how you want it – or use one of our templates.
To learn more about creating segments and using the segment builder, check out the article Create a segment.
There are some limitations to bear in mind when you create segments:
- You can create a maximum of 1000 segments.
- Each segment can contain up to 30 rules.
- Segments count towards your address book limit. However, sample segments don't count towards your segment limit.
- Your account will also have a limit on the number of address books it can have, depending upon your account level.
- Segments only take into account the last ten years of engagement data.