You can select and manage the address books, contact data fields and marketing preferences that are visible to your customers, so they can set their preferences. Once enabled, it serves to extend the 'Newsletter subscriptions' page that a registered customer can visit after they log into their account. Any selected contact data fields, marketing preferences, or address books that the customer already has/exists in, will be pre-selected when they view the 'Newsletter subscriptions' page.
Only contact data fields with a visibility setting of 'public' can be shown to customers. You can create more contact data fields within the 'Data Mapping' section.
This is a real-time update between Magento and Engagement Cloud; whatever you set for address books and contact data fields in one platform will also get updated in the other.
Marketing preferences are available only in Magento 2, not Magento 1.
1. Go to Stores > Configuration > ENGAGEMENT CLOUD > Configuration > Customer Preference
2. Select Yes to show marketing preferences to customers. All public marketing preferences will be displayed if you select Yes.
3. Select Yes to show address books to customers, followed by choosing the address books to show in addition to the Magento General Subscription list
4. Select Yes to show contact data fields to customers, followed by choosing the contact data fields to show
5. Click Save Config in the top-right corner
Please note: If you have set anything to 'Yes' under 'Customer Preference' settings, then any consent text you provide for registration and checkout will also display as the consent text under 'General subscription' for your newsletter in a customer's account dashboard.
Why is nothing else showing apart from the standard Magento content when I visit the 'Newsletter subscriptions' page?
There could be a few reasons for this:
- The functionality hasn't been enabled. You'll need to ensure you have enabled this it by selecting 'Yes' from the available dropdowns.
- No selection at all has been made from the 'to show' lists for a contact data field and/or an address book. You'll need to select at least one for something else to show.
- The page might be cached. Make sure any caches have been cleared.
I can see content but nothing is pre-selected. Why is that?
Firstly, ensure the contact you are testing this with exists in the visible address books and has data held against them for the public contact data fields and preferences, otherwise nothing will be pre-selected for them.
Secondly, refresh the page. This is because the data required for contact is retrieved via the API and it may be the case that this retrieval failed upon initial load.