Learn how to configure security roles and permissions for your users to access and synchronise data between Microsoft Dynamics and your Engagement Cloud account.
Installing the Engagement Cloud for Dynamics connector adds four email-related security roles in Microsoft Dynamics:
- Email Marketing Manager
Can manage campaigns, send campaigns, and synchronise marketing lists between your CRM and Engagement Cloud account.
- Email Marketing Professional
Can manage campaigns and synchronise marketing lists between your CRM and Engagement Cloud account.
- Email Marketing Viewer
Can view campaigns that have been synced to Dynamics, as well as all associated data, but they can't send or manage campaigns.
- Email Campaign Connector Service "System use only"
A system-use only role that allows the account to access and update all of the entities used by the integration.
To learn more, check out the article Complete your Microsoft Dynamics Connectivity form.
Users must have at least one email-related security role in addition to the usual security roles of Microsoft Dynamics (Sales Representative, Marketing Manager, etc.) to view campaign data and use the connector.
Before you start
To use the Engagement Cloud for Dynamics connector, all your users must be existing users in both your Microsoft Dynamics and Engagement Cloud accounts. Find out how to add users to Engagement Cloud in Managing your team.
Add security roles to users
To add security roles to your users in Microsoft Dynamics:
- Go to Settings, and in the System area, select Security.
- Select Users to open the Enabled Users list.
- Select the check box next to each user you want to add roles to and select MANAGE ROLES.
- In Manage User Roles, select the check box next to each email-related security role you want to add to the user.
- Select OK to apply the roles.