Learn how to create an unsubscribe option for a page or form, and find out how to split and add the required tags.
In Engagement Cloud, you can create an unsubscribe option for your contacts by using a page or form.
- All accounts come with a default unsubscribe page. This article explains how to add an unsubscribe option to a page or form.
- You can't use form blocks and unsubscribe form code at the same time.
Creating an unsubscribe page or form
Step 1: Create an unsubscribe page or form
To start, you need to create and correctly format an unsubscribe page or form:
- Go to Contacts > Signup forms.
- Switch to Yes for the Include unsubscribe option.
- Select Generate code.
- Copy the code in the Signup form code panel.
Step 2: Splitting the code tags into three parts
There are three tags:
Step 3: Paste the <style> and <form> tags to a text box
<form> tags, you need to paste each of these onto the pages and forms canvas in a text box.
- Go to Pages and forms.
- Select a page or form.
- Drag a text block onto the canvas.
- Select the text box.
- Select HTML.
- Copy the code between the
- Paste the code to the Edit HTML panel.
Step 4: Copy and paste the <script> tag to the canvas
<script> tag, you can’t add this set of code to a text box in the HTML panel because the editor automatically deletes code between script tags. Because of this, you must use the tracking code feature.
- Go to Utilities > Add tracking code > + Add tracking code.
- Select Other.
- Select and copy the code between the
<script> […] </script>tag.
- Paste the code to the Other tracking code text box.
- Select In the <head> for the Tracking code position.
- Select Apply.
Once completed, you can style the page or form with the options that are available in the editor.
This page or form can also be used as a client-facing form so your contacts can resubscribe to your content. If a contact unsubscribed and then submits a sign up form, a resubscription email is sent.