Learn to choose the contacts that receive your campaign, schedule your send, and decide how many contacts receive the split test.
So you've written some great content, and your SMS messages are ready to go. It's time to send your campaign.
Before you start
This article begins from the Contacts page (SMS > My Campaigns > Edit), this is the third step of sending a split test SMS campaign.
At this point, you should have already understood and completed the following:
- Set up a split test SMS campaign
- Working with split test versions
- Create content for your split test SMS versions
Send your split test SMS campaign
To send your split test SMS campaigns:
- If you're not already on it, go to the SMS Contacts page of the campaign you want to send – that's the page after the editor.
- Under Select contacts, choose the address books you want to send the campaigns to.
- Under Select send time, choose to send your campaign Immediately or Schedule it for a later date. If you pick Schedule, you must then choose a date and time to send.
- Under Split testing, use the first slider (or enter a number in the box) to choose the percentage of contacts to send the split test to.
The maximum percentage is 60%. This decides what percentage of your audience to send the split test campaigns to. Once the results are in, we send the most successful campaign message to the remaining contacts.
- Under Split testing, use the second slider (or enter a number in the box) to choose how many hours we wait to measure responses of the split test before gathering the results and sending the most successful campaign message.
- Select Continue.
- Review your campaign details. To send, select Send campaign immediately or Confirm scheduled send.
The option you see here depends on whether you chose to send an immediate or scheduled campaign in Step 3.