Learn to connect and set up your Dotdigital account with your Magento 2 store.
You can quickly connect your Dotdigital and Magento 2 accounts with a Dotdigital API user. This process will automatically sync your data between Dotdigital and Magento.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- The Dotdigital Marketing Automation extension must be installed.
To learn more about the installation process, check out the article Install the Dotdigital Marketing Automation extension for Magento 2.
- You must be an account owner or have the Can manage account permission.
To learn more about permissions, check out the article Restrict and grant user access permissions.
Watch the video
1. Create an API user
You need to create an API user in your Dotdigital account. You can then use this API user to set up the connection to Magento 2.
To create an API user:
- In Dotdigital, go to Settings > Access > API users.
- Select NEW USER.
The API username (email address) is automatically generated for you and must not be edited.
- Enter a description for your API user.
- Enter and confirm your password.
The password must be a minimum of eight characters and include one or more digits or non-alphanumeric characters.
- For Status, select Enabled
- Select SAVE.
2. Set up Magento 2 to Dotdigital connection
Enter your API user details to create the connection between your Magento 2 store and Dotdigital.
To set up a connection:
- In Magento 2, go to Stores > Configuration.
- Expand the DOTDIGITAL side menu, then select Accounts.
- Under Settings, expand the Enabled drop-down menu, then select Yes.
- For API Username, enter the Dotdigital API username (email address) created in Step 1.
- For API Password, enter the password for your Dotdigital API user.
- Select Save config.
- Select Set Up Integration.
Once saved, you can see the connection banner to tell you the status of your connection.
This sets up the integration and adds all necessary configurations to your Dotdigital and Magento 2 account, and will automatically:
- Create, sync, and map data fields to Dotdigital.
- Create address books in Dotdigital for your Customers, Subscribers, and Guests.
Address books are named using your store name as a prefix, for example, Store name - Customers.
- Turn on sync for Customers, Guests, Subscribers, Orders, and your Catalog.
- Sync some starter ecommerce data to Dotdigital using some orders and product data in your Magento 2 store.
- This gives you instant access to our Commerce intelligence tools.
- After you starter data has synced, the rest of your data will continue to sync in the background. The amount of time this will take depends on how much data you need to sync across.
- Check the Dotdigital cron jobs are running correctly.