Learn about how to trigger an email campaign when a contact or lead is synchronised from Salesforce to Engagement Cloud.
When synchronising contacts or leads from Salesforce to Engagement Cloud, you might want to send an email campaign immediately to your contacts once they enter the matching Engagement Cloud address book. For example, it could be a welcome email, promotional email, or a message that’s time sensitive. You can do this by setting up a join action.
Set up your campaign join action in Engagement Cloud
To choose a triggered campaign that’s sent to the contacts that join your address book:
- Go to Contacts > My contacts.
- Select the Properties icon that’s next to the applicable address book.
- Next to the Campaign join action field, select Select campaign.
- Choose the triggered campaign you want to send.
- Select Save.
Enable the join action from your Salesforce email address book
To set up the join action from your Salesforce address book:
- Go to Email Address Books and select the name of the address book.
- Select Advanced to open the Advanced Settings modal.
- Select Join trigger then Save.
Understanding the synchronisation process
The next time your email address book syncs from Salesforce, each contact is synced individually to the matching address book. This allows the join action email to send to each email address in the sync.
Syncs and API allowance
Each email address is synced individually; every sync uses your API call allowance.