Learn to add order filters to a more sophisticated and customised customer dashboard.
Add order filters to create a sophisticated, customised customer dashboard. For example, you might use order filters to
- Remove refunds and unwanted orders from your data
- See orders delivered to a particular country, where a coupon code or other discount was used, or where the order included free delivery
- and much more.
How it works
Order filtering combines AND and OR conditions to create any rules you want. Your filters can target any order attributes.
You can create order filters based on three points: Filter field, Filter operator, and Filter value.
|Filter field||Filter operator||Filter value|
|Example||Order_total||is more than||50|
Set order filters on the customer dashboard
To set order filters on your customer dashboard:
- Go to Ecommerce > My Store > Ecommerce Settings.
- Under RFM filter settings, select the Orders filter.
- On the Edit order filters side panel, you can add both include and exclude rules to filter your orders based on various attributes. To add a filter, decide what type of filter you want to use, and under the heading Include or Exclude, select Click to select order data.
When you use an Include Filter, the order shows on the dashboard if it matches the filter. Exclude filters apply the reverse logic and don't show if they match the filter.
- Under Edit rule, expand the Filter field drop-down menu, and select the filter field you want to filter by.
Available filter fields are based on the order schema. To learn more about the order schema, check out our article on Insight data - Data schema.
- Expand the Filter operator drop-down menu, and select a filter operator.
- In the value box, enter the value you want to add to your filter.
- Select Apply.
- On Ecommerce settings, select Save.
Add AND / OR rules to your filters
You can AND / OR rules to your filters. To add AND / OR rules:
- Under Grouping, drag All are true (AND) or Any are true (OR) into your Include or Exclude rules.
- Select Click to select order data and follow the steps from Add order filters above, to add a new filter.