Learn how to change your contact's opt-in type.
A contact's opt-in type is a demonstration of their sign up status and can prove whether or not you can send marketing campaigns to the contact.
Before you change any opt-in types, you must read about and fully understand the different opt-in types available. In many cases, you can't change the opt-in type of a contact without their recorded consent.
To learn more, check out the article Contact opt-in types.
Before you start
Things you need to know:
- You must read and understand the article Contact opt-in types.
- You must not change a contact's opt-in type to Double without recorded consent.
- If you change the opt-in type to Verified double for contacts already in your address books, we'll send them a confirmation email and temporarily remove them from all of your address books until they manually confirm their opt-in status.
Change a contact's opt-in type
To manually change the opt-in type of a contact:
- Go to Email > Contacts > All contacts
- Find the contact you want to change the opt-in type for, then select Edit.
- Under Channels, select the current opt-in type.
- For Email opt-in type, select the opt-in type you want to change to.
You must not switch to Double or Verified double, without the contact's consent.
- Select APPLY.