Learn how to turn on double opt-in for your Shopify subscribers to ensure you have consent to send your marketing campaigns to them.
In most cases, with marketing emails, senders must get permission from their contacts before sending any marketing campaigns to them. Around the world, many countries and regions require this by law.
When you turn on double opt-in for your Shopify store subscribers, we'll send your subscribers an email to confirm their willingness to join your marketing lists. You can then be confident you're sending campaigns to valid, monitored, consenting email addresses.
To learn more about the various opt-in types, check out the article Contact opt-in types.
Before you start
- We advise you to disable Shopify's own double opt-in process before you enable the Dotdigital double opt-in feature.
To learn how, check out the Shopify article Enable double opt-in for subscribers.
- If you turn this feature on, any time you change a subscriber's Accepts email marketing status in Shopify, it automatically sends Double opt-in confirmation emails from your Dotdigital account.
Turn on double opt-in
To turn on double opt-in for your Shopify subscribers:
- In Dotdigital, go to Integration hub.
- Under the Active tab, select Shopify.
- Under the heading Contacts, for Enforce double opt-in for subscribers, select YES.
- Select SAVE.